Sunday, February 19, 2012

Alameda Antique Faire

Took a break from moving house a few weekends ago and went to the antique faire at Alameda Point. I can’t believe this is only the second time I have been there in all the years we have lived in Alameda. Anything you desire can be found there and if you enjoy people watching, this is the place to be. It is not a flea market, so I do not expect to get insane deals, plus I am not one for bargaining. Thankfully the friends I was with are into trying to get a better deal so in one case I saved $10 thanks to them. I came home with three great items: a nice little pot for my front porch, a 49er jacket, and a beautiful orange carved bakelite bangle! I am definitely going back next time to try and find the vendor with the bakelite again. She had some stunning pieces. She was firm on the prices but I do not blame her at all. Can’t wait to go back, hopefully next month!









No comments:

Post a Comment