Monday, May 7, 2012

Vintage Shopping - Relic Vintage & La Rosa

In these times when many vintage shops have closed and most have turned to selling online, it was so refreshing to actually go into a shop and try on some vintage clothing.  This past weekend I dragged Ben to the city so I could do a bit of shopping.  I dropped him at the pub, and after partaking in a pint myself, headed up Haight Street to my first stop, Relic Vintage.  This shop is beautiful and has been open about 6 weeks according to the owner, Oran.  Every piece I looked at was in beautiful condition and I was lucky enough to even find some items in my size!  Oran was very helpful and it made for a wonderful shopping experience.  I cannot wait to go back!

The first item I tried on and it fit perfectly!  This photo just does not do it justice!

Even the bolero fit!  Notice the cute pocket detail.

I do not think this red linen dress was ever worn.  Love the double darts at the bust.

And then this adorable homemade top!

This fabric was just too cute to resist.

I had already spent more than I planned but still couldn't wait to check out La Rosa since I had not been there in years.  And I got to see Kim!  She is doing a wonderful job there and the store looked fabulous.  Great to see how busy they were as well.  Made perfect sense since it was one of those rare days in the city when it was sunny and in the 70s.  I had to be good, but could not pass up this adorable pink top.  And to top it off, it is dead stock!  It buttons up the back and is trimmed in pink gingham with a little bow and buttons.  Just too cute!


Looking forward to the next time I can stop into Relic Vintage and La Rosa.  Until then, I will be heading to the Alameda Point Vintage Fashion Faire May 18th & 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment