Monday, June 4, 2012

Morrissey Gig - Stockton

May 26th, four days after his 53rd birthday, Morrissey played the Bob Hope Theatre in Stockton.  He canceled the last gig that was supposed to happen in Oakland so I was thrilled when it was announced he would play, even if it was over an hour away in Stockton.  Well worth it.  It was an amazing show and the theatre was quite nice.  I was a nervous wreck, as usual, all the way up until he took the stage.  I always feel sick and anxious the day of a Morrissey gig, made even worse from the last time when he canceled 4 hours prior to showtime.  All was relieved when he took the stage and proceeded to put on an amazing show.

The set list, which I have snagged off of Morrissey-Solo.com, was as follows:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Maladjusted / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far Off Places / People Are The Same Everywhere / Black Cloud / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Action Is My Middle Name / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Know It's Over / Speedway // Panic

I fell apart with the rendition he did that night of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want."  I would love to say that was the only time I broke down that night.  Ever since the first time I saw him perform 20 years ago, I have let my emotions get the best of me every time.  

We are loving the few new songs we heard live for the first time (though we did hear him perform "People Are the Same Everywhere" on television).

Boz was in drag sporting a lovely sequined dress.  I am guessing he will not be wearing that when we see him with the Polecats at the Uptown this week.  Feel so lucky to have the chance to see Boz play twice in the span of a couple weeks!

Fingers crossed we do not have to go too long before Morrissey comes back.  I will eat a veggie shepherd's pie at the Cat and Fiddle in Hollywood this weekend in his honor!

Heading to Stockton we drove through an insane storm.

Came out of the storm to beautiful blue skies as we neared Stockton.

The Bob Hope Theatre, restored and reopened in 2004.




No comments:

Post a Comment