Saturday, July 14, 2012

4th of July in Alameda

We have been living on the island for more than 9 years now and I have to say Alameda has got to be one of the best spots for the 4th of July holiday. Even when it lands in the middle of the week and I have to get up for work the next day. And after all these years I never thought I would actually end up in the parade as a sailor. After our friends bought a bar last year they decided to have a float in the parade. A bunch of us were sailors on the Swell Bar float last year and had a blast. We won a trophy as well! I unfortunately do not have any photos from last year but made up for it this time. There have been some additions to the float, namely the back in the back where two mermaids are posed. These folks sure know how to transform an ordinary work truck in to something spectacular! And we won a first place trophy this year!

After the parade we headed to, where else, Swell Bar! Besides Independence Day, we had Jodi’s birthday to celebrate! 


Leah and I await the USS Swell

Our ship finally arrived!

Athena and Jessica


Julie and I

Molly and Julie

Ben and I

Ben making his world famous wings

Amy, Jodi the b'day girl and Zach

Gray and I

Jon and Ben

Shenanigans at the Lemon Tree

Posing with my '65

The glorious trophy from the parade!




No comments:

Post a Comment