Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Orange County & Disneyland

Got to go to Disneyland for the first time in about 15 years. I was amazed at how much had changed. Last time I was there, California Adventure was just a mound of dirt and you could still park out front of Disneyland. The original reason for the trip down with my family was to surprise my uncle on his 60th birthday but figured while we were down there we would take my nephews on their first trip to Disneyland as well. They were so excited when they found out they got to go. It was tough, but we all kept it a secret up until we were about to board the monorail to enter the park. They freaked out when my brother told them. Those little daredevils went on all of the rides and were loving every minute, except for the heat which none of us were enjoying.

While the rest of the family drove down, Ben and I cheated and flew instead. We rented a car and did a little exploring before the family arrived at the hotel. We walked around the Circle in Orange. That area is so cute! We had a Belgian beer sampler at The Bruery and lunch at Gabbi’s Mexican Kitchen. Did some antique store shopping but was good and did not buy anything.

After Orange, we headed to the hotel near Disneyland that we were staying at, parked, then headed over to the Disneyland Hotel to check out Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar. We loved it! It is of course modeled after the Enchanted Tiki Room at the park. So many fun little things happen, such as an erupting volcano when a Krakatoa Punch is ordered and a sinking ship in a bottle when someone orders a Shipwrecked. I had both and left with three souvenir mugs. It was a nice refuge before spending three days at Disney with loads of people and children. I did return a couple of days later and tried the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum which reminded me a lot of a Painkiller.  So glad I got to go there twice!


Enjoying some Belgian beer at The Bruery in Orange...








Even my drink was glowing red...like lava!





Erupting volcano...

My rad nephews when we finally got to Disneyland!


My brother and his boys

And finally, back at the Enchanted Tiki Room! 



 My favorite ride!!!

It's a Small World

Main Street

Entrance to California Adventure!

  Tower of Terror at California Adventure!  Been dying to go on this!


Hollywood at California Adventure

The gorgeous Grand Hotel 




Goofy getting down in a zoot suit


No comments:

Post a Comment