Thursday, December 6, 2012

Latest Whisky Purchases

So I do not know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that I have gotten really into whisky from Scotland lately. I am going to go with it’s a good thing (besides how expensive it can be) since I can now enjoy it with Ben and was able to enjoy it while we were traveling recently in Scotland.

The other night we went to the Marines Memorial Theatre in San Francisco to see Billy Connolly live so we figured it was the perfect opportunity to stop by The Whisky Shop on Sutter along the way to make for a full Scottish themed evening. The main reason I had to go here was they sell Benromach Organic from Speyside which I had in Glencoe and loved. I’ve since been able to have the regular Benromach at the American Oak bar in Alameda but still wanted to own a bottle of the exact stuff I was recommended in Glencoe. $78 later I have yet to crack it open but am very much looking forward to it.




Ben did not leave empty handed that evening either. He chose to buy a bottle of Talisker 10 year from Skye as well as a mini bottle of Balblair 1989 to have on his birthday.



The next whisky purchase I would love us to make would be the Ardbeg Galileo but it runs $98 per bottle. How cool though to combine space and whisky!


No comments:

Post a Comment