Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cry Danger & Eloise Jensson

Recently TCM had Eddie Muller on with Robert Osborne to present some film noir selections in honor of Noir City happening in San Francisco from January 25th through February 3rd. One of the films shown was Cry Danger (1951) with Dick Powell and Rhonda Flemming. Thankfully this film had recently been restored in 2011 and I really wish we would have made it to Noir City 2012 to see it on the big screen. We really enjoyed it and I wanted to steal everything that Jean Porter wore! She was a smaller part in the film but looked fantastic. The film credits Eloise Jensson as costume designer and with the exception of one dress, I loved everything the women wore. Especially the poolside outfits of Jean Porter. I do not know much about Hollywood costume designers but this got me to searching around a bit and I found she also worked on some episodes of I Love Lucy and designed outfits for Marilyn Monroe in We’re Not Married.




My favorite Jean Porter wore without the striped cover up...

...and with! So amazing!  
If only you could see the fabulous shoes she had on as well!

poolside outfit #2 - couldn't find a better photo 
but it was super adorable as well

The following two Eloise Jensson Marilyn sketches found at this website


No comments:

Post a Comment