Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sailing in the San Francisco Bay

A couple of our friends own a boat that is docked here in town and I was lucky enough to get to go sailing with them recently. Unfortunately my other half could not go this time. So sad he missed out as it was a blast! Getting to sail around the bay and see so much from that point of view was amazing! We got to go under the Bay Bridge and see the new construction and we sailed right by Alcatraz. This is actually the closest I have ever been to Alcatraz. You know how it goes when you grow up in an area and take those things for granted. It was such a beautiful, clear day as well and not nearly as cold as I thought it would be. We were out there for hours and the time just flew by. Can’t wait for the next time!


Captain Jon & Gray

Puttering along through the estuary before we got to the bay...

The boat on the right is called the the Millenium Falcon!

Those famous cranes...

Bay Bridge - old and new

Under the new span of the bridge



Amy, Rick, and Zach


Amy and I after much wine-spo-dee-o-dee...

Recent damage caused by a cargo ship being repaired

This one just cracks me up!

I sure do love where we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment