Monday, March 25, 2013

Recent Vintage Sale

As I sit around after work, stressing about how I am not packed yet, letting my nails dry, I figured I'd do one more post before Viva since it has been a couple of weeks since my last post.  Only a few more days left to prepare!

A couple of weekends ago I went to an awesome vintage sale here on the island that I found out about from Modern Kiddo. You can read about how the sale went on this blog post. I brought three friends with me and we all scored! I thought I would not be making any more purchases before Viva but how could I pass up a vintage Kamehameha dress?! I also scored a beaded sweater and some vintage Levi’s. The jeans do not really fit me right but I could not pass them up for $10. Everything was priced really well. I found so much I had to put things back so I did not spend more than I brought. I look forward to any future sales these lovely ladies put on. Well worth going!

My two main treasures from the day...

Can never have too many beaded cardigans!


Sneak peak of my Kamehameha...
 

4 comments:

  1. Great finds. I really like the dress. I'm hoping to make one soon. I'm not going to Viva this year but I need practice making sari-inspired dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I sure wish I had the sewing skills to make my own dresses. Maybe some day! ;-)

      Delete
    2. It's never too late to start. I started off making dolls clothes when I was 8. If you're afraid of wasting fabric (in case you mess up) you can always buy flat sheets at the thrift store and use for practice. That way you're only out a few bucks instead of 25+ dollars.

      Delete