Sunday, March 3, 2013

Steve Cochran

I just watched the 1951 film Tomorrow Is Another Day with Ruth Roman and Steve Cochran. This was another one chosen by Eddie Muller and shown on TCM in January before Noir City in San Francisco. I really enjoyed this one and am now very interested in Steve Cochran. Sadly he died at age 48 in 1965, just 14 years after this film was made. In the conversation with Robert Osborne on TCM before the film, Steve Cochran was referred to by Eddie Muller as something along the lines of the 'noir Elvis.' Can’t remember exactly how it was phrased but I loved it! Also, from what I have learned, Morrissey (first name Steven) was named after him.

I’ll just let these photos speak for themselves…











4 comments:

  1. I thought I only recognized him from "The Damned Don't Cry." You inspired me to check his IMDb and I realized that I own no less than three of his movies. He plays Doris Day's abusive, KKK-member husband in "Storm Warning" and the gangster boyfriend of Virginia Mayo in the musical remake of "Ball of Fire," called "A Song is Born." I have never seen "Tomorrow is Another Day;" I've got to add it to the list. Also, I just learned the LA has its own Noir film festival and I will definitely be going to the next one. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those other titles. I'll definitely have to check those out! Hope you enjoy Tomorrow is Another Day when you see it. Can't wait to hear about the next LA noir festival!

      Delete
  2. I do love me a man with some hair on his chest. I'll have to see if it's on Netflix or youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he seems to get his shirt off quite a lot ;-)

      Delete