Sunday, April 21, 2013

Trader Vic's Tiki Fashion Show

Last night was the annual Trader Vic's Classic Tiki Fashion Show.  This was the first time we have attended and it was super fun!  The clothes were all for sale and were provided by Retro Diva,  Peter Thomas Hair was responsible for the fabulous hairdos on the models, and Tanoa was spinning some great records like he always does!  We thought we would be standing the whole time but the manager got a table by the window for us.  So nice!




with Leah and Jodi

world famous Trader Vic Mai Tai

Ben, Leah (check out her Shaheen!), Jodi (loved her dress, too!), and Zach


they may look innocent...


Fashion show time!

Ileath!

Rosa!


Ileath pretty in pink...

Hawk!

I loved this purse Rosa was modeling.  
Hard to tell but it had lobsters and crabs on it!

That man on the left certainly appears to be enjoying the show.

More rum = more silliness

At Swell Bar to end the night.  Here I am with Leah and Ileath.

Hope everyone else had a fun Saturday and enjoys the rest of the weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Wow this looks like a lot of fun! Such awesome clothes too. Your dress looks lovely. Did you get a haircut for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariela! It was such a fun night. I did get a trim recently though now I think I have decided to grow my hair back into a bob. I just can never make up my mind!

      Delete
  2. Fun! I saw some posts about this on FB - you really can't go wrong with a night of fashion, tiki and cocktails! :) Nice to see Hawk and Ileath in there too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, you really can't go wrong with that combo! Though I did perhaps have one more tiki than I should have that evening :-)

      Delete
  3. Too cute, I just got back from a trip to hawaii so the island has constantly been on my mind. Lovely clothes and love the tiki's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous of your recent trip to Hawaii! We still have not been but are going to try to make it there next year. I better bring an extra suitcase for souvenirs if I do go ;)

      Delete
  4. Love this post! Love the dresses, the tiki kitsch, and the drinks! Now I want a Mai Tai! Lol! Your dress is gorgeous! Looks like a real fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! The dress I wore is another one of my favorites that I have gotten a ton of use out of over the years. Now I want a Mai Tai after looking back at this post! Is it Friday yet?!?! ;-)

      Delete