Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Viva Las Vegas 16 Recap - Day 2

Woke up Friday and was rearin' to go!

One more stop before returning the rental car Friday…Frankie’s!  Since the car had to be back by noon we got to Frankie’s about a quarter to 11:00.  Basically it was tiki for breakfast but we were on vacation in Vegas so that is totally acceptable, right?  Anyhoo, finally got to buy our souvenir mugs that we missed out on last year when we were there so I was pretty happy about that.




Hello old friend!



I definitely need to photoshop that darn
McDonald's sign out of this...

After returning the car on the strip we grabbed a bite then stopped by Sin City Brewery at the Flamingo before heading back to the Orleans to catch the first Charles Phoenix slideshow of the weekend.  We never miss Charles Phoenix at Viva.  We have been hooked ever since we first caught him at one of the Vivas back at the Gold Coast.  Always one of the highlights of the weekend!

Beer selection at Sin City Brewery

I wore the Kamehameha I recently purchased…

Got to get our vitamin fix with some EmergenC...

Hooray!  It's Charles Phoenix!

Couldn't get a good photo of him without flash so it is hard to see
the detail of his amazing airbrushed suit with planets on it!

First band we caught that night was the Golden West Trio.  I have seen them a couple of times and cannot get enough of them.  She has an amazing voice!



Stopped to check out the burlesque bingo for a moment, mainly because it was not crowded and easy to get a drink.  I did think this shot of Tom Ingram with the ladies was entertaining though…


A new favorite from this weekend, Kieron McDonald from Australia!  I bought his brand new double 45 and am so glad I did!  The quality of just the packaging alone is fantastic.  I’ll be tracking down more music to buy of his very soon.



Second to last band we managed to see, Miss Mary Ann and the Ragtime Wranglers from Holland.  Check out that outfit!  She is super adorable!



And to end the night, The Rockets from Switzerland…


Really felt like we got our fill of music that night.  Just two more days to go...

6 comments:

  1. The dress looks great on you! I wanted to go to Frankie's Tiki but didn't get to make it last time we were in Vegas. Hopefully, the hubby and I will get there next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It even matched the massive bruise on my arm ;-) Definitely try to make it to Frankie's if you can. I just wish it was closer to the Orleans. We had a car this time but last time spent quite a bit on a cab to get there and back. Ahhh...I wish I was back at Frankie's right now!

      Delete
    2. I understand. When we eloped (in Vegas of course) we spend over $50 from the Luxor to downtown in taxi cabs. It's ridiculous how expensive taxis are in a major city. We got to ride in a limo on the way back so that's not so bad.

      We live in Northern Nevada now. Last time we went to Vegas, we didn't use our truck that much. That's what I love about Vegas: a lot is within walking distance. We also took the bus and that wasn't too expensive either. Bus routes are confusing though.

      Delete
  2. You look smoking hot in your Kamehameha dress!

    I really wish I had spent more time out on Friday night but after an 8 am call for MUAH I just couldn't fight through how tired (and drunk) I was.

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would not have lasted very long either if I had an 8 am appointment. Hope you enjoyed walking in the fashion show. Sorry I missed it!

      Delete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post!! Good job! You are absolutely gorgeous!
    Limo in Phoenix AZ

    ReplyDelete