Monday, May 13, 2013

Latest antique faire finds...

Ok, I confess... I could not resist heading over to the latest antique faire (like I said before, I am so weak!) but think I spent a record low for me…$24! Largely due to the fact I could not locate the vendor I usually buy my bakelite from but still, I was very proud of myself. Everything I bought was from our friends (who own Fuzzy Dude), Ian and Laura. The last two times I have gone now I head straight to the very back where they are and have a great time catching up and sifting through everything they have on offer. Their prices are great and all of the jewelry is individually packaged. They are some of the only people who clearly mark the price on their items which I love! If you head to the antique faire, go all the way to the back and look for the couple who is usually wearing matching shirts (this time it was pink western shirts). They are great people and have a ton of fun stuff to go through.

I did not have as much patience as I usually have this time around, probably because it ended up warm out and of course I was wearing a Pendleton and refused to take it off since I forgot sunblock so I was roasting. It was the strangest weather. As soon as I bought my ticket to get in, it started pouring rain. Thankfully it did stop since I did not think to bring an umbrella but I felt so sorry for all of the vendors trying to rescue their items and keep them dry.

I could not resist bringing this farmer home. He has a similar pose to a large pink matador I bought years ago. I think they will be great friends…



Well hello my new friend!

Then I got this matching signed broach and earring set. I think if I wear the clip-ons too long my ears will fall off but I will find a way to adjust them and make it work!



Finally, a couple initial pins. For our last name I found an “H” and then an “F” for my mom as a mothers’ day gift.




So that was it! I am sure I will end up there next month and will hopefully practice as much control as I did this time. Heck, it’s worth it to go and just shop at Fuzzy Dude.

10 comments:

  1. Very cool finds! I love the music note set the best. They are too cute! The hubby and I get sunburned very easily even with high SPF sunblock. I need to wear a cover and/or a parasol to prevent looking like a lobster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super excited about that music note set! Just wish the darn clip-ons did not hurt so much :-(

      Delete
    2. I know that pain. I've actually taken to using needle-nose pliers to open the base a bit wider so that my ears done hurt. You have to be very gentle and careful so you don't a) brake the hardware and b) don't make it too loose.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the advice, Mariela! I just might have to try that. I am determined to wear them!

      Delete
  2. Oh you got some really cute things! I can imagine that wearing a pendleton in the heat was a nightmare!!!! I was once at the Alameda flea market (antique fair, whatever, I still always call it a flea market!) and it became so hot that I had to buy a shirt just to stay protected (and I rarely burn)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...flea market, antique fair, swap meet...

      It is a killer when it is sunny out there since it's just a bunch of cement with no trees or anything around to absorb the sun or offer shade. I am usually so prepared but thought for sure it would stay overcast. Next month I'm bringing sunblock, a parasol, and dressing in layers!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the farmer! Such confidence! ;-)
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is very proud indeed! I just couldn't pass him up, especially for only $3 ! ;-)

      Delete
  4. That musical note set is so unique and lovely. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I know the vendor I bought this from. She pulled it out of a box of stuff I might have overlooked ;-)

      Delete