Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Red Meat 20th Anniversary

Had a great time at the Red Meat 20th Anniversary held at the 23 Club in Brisbane (I still call it DeMarco’s out of habit - not sure if that name is still part of it or not). It was sold out and packed! The show started out with a set by Deke Dickerson which was fantastic as always, and was followed up by an equally great set by Big Sandy, then the main event, Red Meat. I cannot remember if I have ever seen them live, and very well may have years ago, but they were really fun! With the recent passing of George Jones we got to hear a good amount of tributes which was very fitting for the night. I loved how the show started and ended early and think all shows should be like that. We’re not teenagers anymore and like to get home at a decent hour! It was so packed and difficult to get any decent photos so I did the best I could from where I was standing.


Deke!


preparing for the George Jones riding lawnmower...

Big Sandy!

wore my dead stock Cover Girl of Miami dress 
I bought from Juniper Tree Vintage here in Alameda

my bakelite combo, new plastic ring from Atomic Swag
and my DIY half moon manicure

4 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute and fits you so well! Love the carved bakelite bangle. Looks like it was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet, thank you! I was so excited to find that dress. It even has the sewn in crinoline in tact. I got lucky with this one ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my word I am in love with your Covergirl dress! Are those Remix shoes?

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendi! Yep, those are my new Remix wedges I picked up in Vegas. I love the green!

      Delete