Friday, June 7, 2013

Aloha fun & one crazy pineapple!


Happy Friday everyone!  I seriously felt the weekend would never get here but it did!  Anyhow, our good friends recently had a tiki party at their place and we had a blast! I decided to bring a little something Charles Phoenix inspired for decoration and to eat. I hardly had any time to throw it together or reference the photos on his website so it is not as pretty as it should have been but it was my first one after all. His Flaming Astro Weenie Pineapple was the inspiration but since I am vegetarian, I ditched the weenies and unfortunately it was not flaming either. I can’t wait to try this again with more time on my hands. It’s perfect for me since I do not cook but love to spear fruit onto a another piece of fruit. Who doesn’t?

Oh so proud...


the lovely hostess and host...

I loved the matching set on Rick and Amy!

Mumu time with Heather and Jodi (not sure of the flamingos' names).

This little guy is so cool!

Jessica, Amy, myself, and Leah!


Ben and Zach's first beer collaboration

Scott was having his own contest for the most garnish.
Notice the pineapple eventually became a beer koozie...

Things got very serious later...

The original Charles Phoenix Flaming Astro Weenie Pineapple!
Check out the Charles Phoenix Test Kitchen here!


7 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun party! I love that everyone got into the tiki spirit, and your astro weenie pineapple turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super fun and so great to see everyone in their tiki gear!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait for the opportunity to do it again so I can make it look more like the picture ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I am having a tiki party in a few weeks, and am now considering doing this (or my own take on it!). Looks like a fun party!

    -Cedar
    http://www.thevintagewife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should so make one for your party! Charles Phoenix's website is a great source of inspiration for fun ideas like this. Have a tiki-tastic time at your party ;-)

      Delete
  4. That looks like a great party! Everyone is dressed fabulously. The pineapple looks delish.

    ReplyDelete