Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fleur Wrap Dress from Heyday! & Nudeedudee

I am pleased to say that I finally have my very own Fleur wrap dress from Heyday!  Seems like each style is always either out of my size or completely out of stock. Recently I did a check of their website and to my surprise found one in my size and on sale! It is the Floral Gingham Rows in Blue. There were only two left in stock and I got one of them.

the wind was not cooperating...

My $8 thrift store shoes...

Being that this dress is so adjustable it makes it extremely comfortable as well. Even with my broad shoulders I can actually lift my arms! The cotton fabric has a great feel to it and thankfully pressed very easily. I was also happy this garment is made in the UK since I am trying to be much more careful as to where the clothing items I buy are made.

I love the pattern and of course the pockets! They are so cute! 



photos below are borrowed from the Heyday! site...



This dress is definitely going to get a lot of wear this summer!


I hope someday Heyday restocks some of the other Fleur wrap dresses in my size. I am obsessed with this style and would love to have the Red, White, and Blue one as well as the Daisy Chain on Black. Perhaps it is better on the pocketbook that they are sold out. ;-)


 The lovely Fleur of Diary of a Vintage Girl
modelling the two I wish I could have!


On another note, I also finally ordered something from Kim at Nudeedudee and am very happy with my purchase!  Designed and made in Los Angeles the cotton is of a really high quality and will definitely last.  I have already gotten a fair amount of use from this top and hope to be purchasing  more from Kim in the future.  If you are not already familiar with her Etsy shop, head on over there and check it out!
 
my new top and shoes from B.A.I.T. Footwear
 
I would love to own the 1940s style sailor top but will have to wait as my size is sold out.  I'll keep checking!  Wendi from Haute Rockabilly Fashionista recently did a great post on Nudeedudee and the lucky girl already owns the sailor top and some fabulous red pants as well. Such a great combination!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Great new pieces! I love the dress on you. I have broad shoulders too so I have to try things on before buying them. It's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pain indeed! It is nice to know with this style I for once do not need to worry about the shoulders fitting. Unless they are sleeveless, I usually do not buy dresses without trying them on either. So many cute things I have had to pass up. Thank goodness for the wrap dress!

      Delete
  2. TOO CUTE!! That dress is so pretty and looks gorgeous on you! I've been thinking of ordering from Nudeedudee. Everyone seems to love the items they buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My experience buying from Nudeedudee was great! She was also super quick to answer any questions I had. Hope you get to buy something fun from her ;-)

      Delete
  3. I looooove my HeyDay wrap dress. So comfy!!! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! This has to be the most comfortable dress I own now. I wish I had them all! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I can't get past your $8 thrift store shoes!!! They are SO cute and an absolute score!!!!! I'm also curious to hear what you think about the B.A.I.T shoes - they have some seriously cute styles....but are they comfy?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t find much at the thrift stores ‘round here so I couldn’t believe I found those! As for B.A.I.T. shoes, I wouldn’t say these are the most comfy shoes I own since there is not a platform under the ball of my feet and this particular pair is a bit loose so I do have to wear those little pad insert thingees. But overall, they are rather comfy for having a 3 inch heel height. I fortunately bought these off Mod Cloth for half price but it seems the B.A.I.T. website has some pairs on discount as well. I would definitely buy from them again. I love all of the colors they have on offer!

    ReplyDelete