Monday, August 26, 2013

Vintage Sweater Obsession


As of late, among other things, I have been on the lookout for vintage sweaters with either short sleeves or ¾ sleeves. Guess I better learn to knit if I want that lovely green number pictured above! I love sweaters but tend to get warm very easily so this is the best of both worlds. I am so excited about a few that I have purchased a little while ago from both Etsy and Endangered Clothing. I can't wait to wear them all once it cools down.

The first one here I purchased off of Etsy and it is like new. The color is beautiful and I love the crisscross detail on the front.

I could not, for the life of me, capture the color accurately.
Our place has THE worst lighting!



The last two I purchased from
Endangered Clothing. They carry some really great items. Though one is dead stock with the tag still attached, both are in fabulous condition! I was trying to resist buying anything at the time I found these but I could not help myself, especially since they are both cashmere and made by Lennox of Loch Lomond in Scotland. I am a sucker for anything Scottish.





Now can summer be over so I can wear them?!?!  I think these will come in very handy while in the UK this November for the Rhythm Riot which is only 81 days away!

8 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous sweaters! I have been wanting to knit myself one but need to make major adjustments.I can't wait to see how you paired them. Unfortunately, I don't have 36" bust or waist.

    I was lucky enough to find a red vintage Zephyr wool sweater and a vintage blue Pendleton wool sweater a few months back. Now to pair them with nice pants or a wool skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariela! I have found quite a few other beauties on etsy but they are often tiny things or way over priced! I just save them to my favorites and cross my fingers the price goes down ;-)

      Nice score on those sweaters you found a few months back. I hope to get to see a handmade sweater on your blog one of these days ;-) Wish I had the patience!

      Delete
  2. These will be perfect for your UK trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What absolutely wonderful sweaters! I'm so excited for you about your trip. We're going to be taking a wee road trip next month (our first holiday anywhere in years) to Calgary, Alberta, and I'll definitely be packing some knits for the cooler early fall weather that will most likely accompany our travels, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica! Have a fabulous time in Calgary for your holiday! You must be so excited to get away on such an adventure. Happy travels! ;-)

      Delete
  4. How exciting!! A trip overseas!! You are going to love it! I spent summers there as a kid (my family is from Ireland and the UK). Moreover, I love each and every one of those sweaters! I am a bit of a sweater fanatic myself! Now, just tell me your address so I can steal them! Just kidding! LOL!! Anyway, lovely pieces!! I just am drooling over that green one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! LOL…you can steal them if you can find me! ;)

      So excited for the trip. We go to the UK every year and feel like London is a second home. This will be our very first Rhythm Riot though! So cool you got to spend summers there as a kid and have family there! My husband’s grandmother came from Scotland but unfortunately there is not any family we are acquainted with left. We dream of having dual citizenship one day! ;-)

      Delete