Saturday, January 11, 2014

Restaurant Souvenir Photos


I love those old souvenir photos from restaurants and nightclubs. They are often a bit awkward as they catch people between courses of a meal or after more than a few cocktails. Thankfully I have a couple from my dad’s side of the family from 1946 in Hollywood. I am also including one I picked up at an antique store since it is from Bimbo’s in San Francisco and the photo holder is amazing!

Tom Breneman's in Hollywood, March 5, 1946

My dad's parents on the left, my grandfather in his uniform from WWII

Florentine Gardens in Hollywood, March 13, 1946

There they are again on the right.  To the left is my great grandmother and her second husband, owner of the Tee Pee Barbecue in Long Beach (see this post)

Bimbo's 365 Club in San Francisco, May 25, 1968


Wonder what their story was...

4 comments:

  1. These are great! I love photos of people living their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great lovely pics
    kisses
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! I just purchased a never been used lipstick and perfume from The Stork Club!! I'm so excited! Wish we still had night clubs like these in my area! And that people dressed up so lovely and classy!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo…I would love to see that Stork Club set you scored! Sounds amazing!

      Delete