Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Jackson Car Show


Headed up to the in-laws this past weekend and checked out the car show happening in historic downtown Jackson since Ben’s dad was showing their VW. (This was after we watched Arsenal defeat Hull for the FA Cup of course!!!)  It was the perfect sized car show with a variety of cars lining the main street, thankfully none of which looked like they came from a ZZ Top video. Sadly there were no Thunderbirds. There are a lot of great buildings in this old town founded in 1848. It was the perfect backdrop for the show. The National Hotel has been restored and looks beautiful perched at the end of the main street.

 


Ben's parents' VW



The Buick was my favorite

Funny moment came as I was walking down the street and heard ‘Hey, rat rod girl!’ coming from the owner of a convertible Fairlane. I guess I was the only one there dressed as I was so he asked for a photo with his car. Why not! In all my years, I think this is the first time I’ve done a pose like this with a car, except for the Batmobile at Magic Mountain in 1996 when I jumped the rope! Anyhow, he was nice enough to email the photo to Ben’s dad so I could share. He shouted ‘Bye hot rod girl!’ as the cars left town. Funny to be the only one at a car show in vintage with tattoos! We all had a great time that day (though I’ve not had allergies that bad in years and now know Zyrtec and wine may not be the best combo!). 
  





Sadly I did not get any shopping in.

The old court house...






So pretty but makes me so sneezy!

Shenanigans at Gallagher's Pub near the in-laws...
 
Always been so curious what the inside of the Buckhorn Lodge looks like...



Before wine and allergy meds got the best of me!

7 comments:

  1. What a cute little town! California is filled with wonders, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! There are so many other tourist attractions in that area we still need to visit! We always pass by without stopping :(

      Delete
  2. This town is adorable! Looks like a super (nice and warm!) fun day out. You guys are so cute in that last pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Melanie! It was a fun day until my allergies got the best of me ;(

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks like fun! The town is so cute! And your outfit is fabulous! Especially your shoes!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janey! The shoes are my new favorite pair from Remix! I want them in every color now!

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun!! I wouldn't have known which car to pose in front of?! P x

    ReplyDelete