Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Viva Las Vegas #17 - Saturday and Sunday

Romper from Stutterin Mama


Now for the rest of Viva…

We do not like the sun or heat so sadly the Saturday car show is not for us. At least we could see it from our hotel room window! Though we did cruise out there once the sun went down where I got to visit with Jocelyn and Lynsey from Miss L Fire. I was lucky enough to have met Jocelyn last year at the boutique in Los Feliz but this was the first time I got to meet the owner and creator! Both fabulous ladies!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we really did not see that much music this year but really enjoyed Jinx Jones on Saturday. Sunday was more Charles Phoenix where I caught one of the donuts he was throwing out into the audience. Our friend Zach caught one, too! He actually ate his but since mine rolled off the back of the poor woman in front of me, I thought it best to skip it, not before taking photos of course!


On with the rest of the recap!
 
Enjoying the shade at the pool party Saturday...

More Luxulite accessories for Saturday night!

Jodi snapped this of us with Heather, Scott, and Zach!
My dress is from the fabulous Cassandra Cadillac!

With Lynsey, the creator of Miss L Fire!

With the adorable Jocelyn from the Los Feliz boutique!

Ben with Melanie and Aaron.  How cute does she look in that outfit?!?!
More Cassandra Cadillac I believe!

Lance Romance!

Lance and Jinx Jones!
 
Let 'em know!

With the very glamorous ladies, Chelsea and Missy!  That lurex was to die for!

More to die for lurex!  Finally met Wendi !  Need more time with this girl next time!

Crazy Cavan!

Gizelle!

Sunday day time OOTD... Skirt is from Julie of Fab Gabs.

Quick shot with Melanie before high tailing it back indoors out of the sun and heat!

The one time a year I get to see Katie!  Wish she still lived in Northern California.

Patient husbands while Jodi and I shopped.

Besides a pair of Remix wedges, this was my only purchase. 
Got $50 off since it was Sunday deal time!
 
No better way to spend Easter than with Charles Phoenix!

Heather, Jodi, Zach, and Ben!
 
Yes, he chucked donuts into the audience...

I caught the weird orange one!

With Heather and Jodi...

Hayden Thompson!

The Rhythm Shakers!

Goodbye Viva!  Until next year!

Kept the party going until the very end at the airport...

So that’s it for this year’s Viva round up. Room is booked for next year! We were sad to miss Deek’s Guitar Geek Show. I really hope they switch that back to a more normal time next year. Midnight is just such a hard time slot for that in my opinion.

Looking forward to the Rockabilly Rockout in October! It has a great line up with my all-time fave, Carlos and the Bandidos! Should make for a fun time, all about the music!

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I remember that playsuit! It was so adorable! (I work for Sarah of Stutterin' Mama) It couldn't have gone to a better person! And that skirt! More items from ladies of the Pacific Northwest! Julie has amazing stuff!

    How neat that you got to meet the woman behind Miss L Fire! I adore their shoes too.

    And super jealous of seeing Charles Phoenix and catching a donut!

    Thanks for sharing all of your Viva moments with us!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janey! Always love your outfit posts and I’ve seen snaps of you working at Simply Vintage on your Instagram :) You lucky girl! I really must make it to Portland one of these days! I was lucky enough to get that romper while Stutterin’ Mama was having a sale and the skirt I picked up at a vintage faire Julie was selling at here where I live so I got to meet her. Super sweet! You ladies are all fabulous :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that romper is awesome!! Loved seeing your VLV photos, looks like you had a blast :) The Charles Phoenix slide show must have been so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty excited to score that romper :) So glad you have enjoyed my Viva photos! It’s fun to share with you ladies! If you ever make it to Viva, do not miss Charles Phoenix!

      Delete
  3. Aw I loved seeing these photos, some great outfits and lovely to see the lady behind Miss L Fire! I too would have been cowering from the heat and sun though, I can't handle hot temperatures!

    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful to meet her and she is super sweet! Yes, the heat is definitely just to much to handle there. At least there is so much to do indoors!

      Delete
  4. Next time we meet we NEED a photo! Loved both your posts!!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! YES, photo for sure next time! I feel like such a dork for forgetting! ;)

      Delete