Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Alameda Vintage Fashion Faire - Spring 2014

Ready to shop!

A couple of weekends ago another Alameda Vintage Clothing Faire was held, this time at Michaan's Auction House, and it was a shopping success! The theme this year was WWII since it was held the weekend of Flag Day. Once again my friend Jodi and I went to the opening Friday evening and we had a blast! I’m not sure I’ve ever had such a successful shopping experience all at once, including finding a couple of items I’ve been after for some time (new eyeglasses, celluloid & fruit necklace) all for killer deals. The best deal would have to be the two piece painted / sequined Mexican number I scored. I usually see these way too small for somewhere around $200 - $300 and I got mine for $120! I still cannot believe it! We had such a great time and swore we were high on shopping. Thank goodness they sold wine there to calm us down. I wish I would have been better about taking photos but I was just too darn busy shopping and catching up with fellow vintage lovers I had not seen in a while!


The loot!  The only photo I have of my new glasses from Allyn Scura since they are off getting lenses put in them. Very excited!

In the lobby of Michaan's Auction House after all the shopping,
already wearing my new fruity necklace along with my Jitterbuggin top and Luxulite brooch.

First stop was the Relic Vintage booth where I found my dream blouse!  I could have easily spent all of my money there but managed to stay strong and only buy the top.


Ric rac, ric rac, and more ric rac!

Not sure the name of the vendor I bought this from but I love this belt!

Still cannot believe this is mine!  So much going on here...




And the necklace I have been dreaming of...all mine!!!



This past weekend wearing my newest Relic Vintage purchase.

If you have never been to the Alameda Vintage Fashion Faire, go!  If I remember correctly it is usually held twice a year with one in the spring and another in the fall.  Can’t wait for the next one!

16 comments:

  1. This is why I need to live in California! I never find amaaazing purchases at my local fairs! That rayon top is so dreamy, so many good purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have it pretty good out here for shopping, though items can tend to be a bit expensive which is why I could not believe the prices I paid for these! I wish I could wear that top every day!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you totally lucked out!!!!! What amazing scores! I can't wait to see you in that two-piece! :) I hope that one of these fashion faires coincides with one of our trips to the bay area....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that two-piece hanging on the outside of my armoire so I can see it every day ‘cause I am still pinching myself! I hope one of the faires coincides with one of your visits as well! It was so calm and manageable that evening and the prices were so reasonable for the most part. Many of these vendors sell at the monthly flea as well, including the one I bought the two piece from. She always has such good prices!

      Delete
  3. I also wish I lived in California - To find anything half as amazing here would be a miracle! The things you got are wonderful, that two-piece set is stunning. And I won't even get started on how envious I am of your fruity necklace. And lastly, sparkly ric-rac! :) Glad you found some things you'd been wanting a while xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy-Lou!!! I am still amazed at what I found! It sure was worth it to get there right after it opened. I don’t think any of those items would have lasted much longer!

      Delete
  4. You got an amazing haul! I know I'll never find a painted Mexican anything in my size but that's okay. I love to look at other people's haul.

    I can't wait to see the two piece on you! That necklace is also to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mariela! I’ll be so excited to finally wear the two piece for some occasion. Hopefully soon! ;)

      Delete
  5. Such great scores! I especially love the belt and necklace. I'm still wishing I splurged on a 50s Hawaiian dress & bolero set. It was $195 and I just wasn't prepared to spend that much, but now thinking back it was so worth it and of course it was sold : (
    I have to get mentally prepared before I go to these events so I don't get sticker shock. It was so nice seeing you. I'm sorry if I was distracted by all the vintage to talk longer! It's like I can't hold eye contact with people because there's too many amazing things to look at! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha…I totally understand! It’s sensory overload at those things! Great to see you as well! Sorry you missed out on that Hawaiian number. Hope you find something equally as great to buy soon for less money ;)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful fair, great finds, that green top is a super colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in love with the color of that top! Hoping to find a skirt to match it as well. Fingers crossed ;)

      Delete
  7. Seriously fantastic outfit and new (old!) finds alike. That fruit necklace is slaying me with its cute awesomeness. I've always had the biggest crush on fruit (and really any sort of food) themed vintage items, so it's safe to say this stunner has turned my knees into the consistency of applesauce! :D

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jessica! I’m on a real fruity jewelry kick at the moment and just found a bracelet to match the necklace! You can never have too much…right? ;)

      Delete
  8. Still kicking myself for not going! Fantastic finds!!! I am coveting that necklace!
    ~xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep your ears open 'cause there's usually one in the fall as well! ;)

      Delete